Lamorte De Fatcat
Tragedy struck recently one of these spring afternoons. I'll never know what truly happened because Charlie was apparently the only witness. He claims that another larger dog appeared and attacked both fatcat and the dog here. He said he saved the dog and that the cat got eaten and he had to "waylay" both Fatcat and the attacking mongrel with a 22.
I find this hard to believe because I doubt even Charlie is crazy enough to save a wretched dog over the cat who has lived here longer than I have and ostensibly owns the entire house by her own admission. I don't know how to tell Blake. I don't know how to accept that I failed him and Fatcat. I dreamed I could hear it happening. It might well have happened while I slept except I never heard a gunshot.
Fatcat was my closest allie here. In a house with two others of my own species in it she was the one I associated with and identified the most. Fatcat and I shared a quiet understanding. I think it was only Blake and myselef that realized she was the ruler here. Charlie would always yell at her to get off of things etcetera, and of course this never worked. And when her subjects downstairs were bothersome and loud she'd always knock politely at my door to get me to come open it.
She will be missed dearly.
I n other news my cover art is still coming along slowly and I want to get it done soon so I can be published and start moving this book. Oh man do I want to get published. I had no idea a cover could be such a bothersome thing.
Work is going fabulously well though. It's stressful and drudging but I did get a raise last time Lucas tried my potatoes (that's some high praise for some potatoes) and I'm working new recipes and stuff in. Angie came around recently and brought Ed Fenwick, an awesome guitarist fro my high school years.
We chatted for a while until I had to escape fro mthe temple of capitalism and head back to my domicile. There I discovered that my monitor is getting old and shuts off when it over heats. It must needs be replaced and I will see to that immediately.
On a side note, I have decided that I despise Ayn Rand. Her beliefs on women, gays and progressivism are neanderthal and she's a staunch capitalist. What more could be wrong with a person? Oh, and all accounts point to her writing being a bore, which is why I don't think I want to attempt to read one of her novels before passing judgement.

1 Comments:
F-fatcat? ToT
Post a Comment
<< Home