Thy kingdom come
So, what have I been doing? I've been working. This past Saturday was truly terrible, everything possible went wrong and it looks like Lucas is going to try not to come back even for the spring busy season. I really have to talk to him. I don't know whether or not I want to try to cook that. Hundred person weddings are definately not my style...
Lately though I've had time to develop my style though. I've developed what I think is a first, a martini sauce made with vermouth, gin, green pepper corns, chicken and vegetable stock, and a few other things. That's gotten marvelous reviews.
I've also started doing potato bakes using eggs to hold them together and various seasonings such as cheddar and ranch with peppers or barbecue chedar with bacon. I'm kind of coming into my own now because none of these recipes are wwritten down, I just get them.
But that comes at a price. I don't know, but I think each person only gets so much creativity to focus. I havn't been writing as much lately even though I know the words. I think I know the words. I still feel so alone too, but I have to keep counting on everything being wonderful once my book is published.
My former cover artist seems to have gone mad or something, but I took one of his sketches and gave it to a friend to colorize and I'm going to use that as the cover art for Glamis. The publisher, Ruth, is fine with this although she said she might have to squiggle the size of the image. No worries there though, I'm just glad it's going to work out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home