the summit
Blake and I have been talking more seriously of late, as though the wider world were slowly leaking into our reverie and now had to be confronted before it became a torrent. Amid a 4 day and counting game of Galatic Conquest in battlefront and a good many movies, we've been talking over matters financial and artistic.
Blake is working on a sci fi deal, Twist Bucket, which seems to be wibbling between comic and novel. I've spoken with him about Worlds Beyond Belief and my own publishing aspirations and he sounded vaguely interested. Blake can produce infinite interest in most any subject and talk at length about it for a good while. His creative streaks are wonders to behold because while unfocused they are greatly expansive.
Blake created a race called the Prismith that I found intriguing and agreed to elaborate on in WBB. Perhaps they'll help to jump start that stalled project.
No sign of Chris, mean to call him later. Blake doomsaying, worried of his death, asked me to complete any projects he might have if he were to perish.
Christmas day, today, went quite well. Charlie was even nice enough to drive my father and sister over for Christmas dinner. It was rather awkward in a way but good to get to talk to them never the less. I didnt see them immediately though because Blake and I decided to hike to the top of our favorite hill nearby. I got exhausted not long before we reached the summit but Blake was as steadfast as ever and just kept going.
We talked there for a long time of many things and stared out over a phenomenal view of the countryside. I should like to have a home up there some day. I also told Blake of the meeting on Monday and it seems likely he'll attend. Perhaps when he returns he can parlay his status as a veteran into political office.
One final note, Christmas eve dinner went very well for the one couple that showed up for it. My figgy pudding rocked!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home